Author: Bob Boze Bell
Published by: TriStar-Boze
Cover Type: Hardcover
Page Count: 128 pages
Description: Finally, a compelling, accurate look at the Old West’s most famous dentist. This “colorful romp” is profusely Illustrated with rare photos–the photograph of Doc with his mother on page four has never been published. Over 80 color illustrations by the author help to flesh out Doc Holliday and his world so that we can almost smell and hear Tombstone, Dodge City and the frontier boomtowns he frequented. If you have seen the movies Tombstone and Wyatt Earp, you no doubt have many questions about Doc.
- Did Doc Holliday kill Johnny Ringo like he did in the movie Tombstone?
- Were the movies accurate when it came to Wyatt Earp and Doc’s relationship?
- Did Doc really fire three shots from a double-barreled shotgun like he did in the movie Tombstone?
- Who’s better–Val Kilmer as Doc in Tombstone or Dennis Quaid as Doc and Wyatt Earp?
- What happened to Big Nose Kate?
All these questions and more are answered in this comprehensive and historically accurate look at Doc Holliday. Written in a no-nonsense, straight ahead style, this revolutionary, new style history book is informative for young and old alike.
About the author:
Bob Boze Bell is the author of The Illustrated Life and Times of Doc Holliday; Wyatt Earp; Billy the Kid; and Wild Bill Hickok as well as the quintessential gunfighter series Classic Gunfights I, II and III. Bob Boze Bell serves as executive editor of True West Magazine and has made various appearances as a guest speaker on the History, Discovery and Westerns Channels along with being featured on True West Moments on Encore’s Western Channel. His artwork may been seen on a variety of book covers and in fine art collections worldwide.